Service Project Manager
If you are looking for an opportunity to get into Project Management, this position could be for you. For the first 6 months – 1 year, this individual will be responsible for traveling to client sites and taking inventory of their equipment, addressing needs, and troubleshooting issues. There will heavy day travel with this role, and rare overnight travel.
The primary responsibility of a Project Manager, Service is the management of construction projects for safety compliance, quality control, on-time scheduling, profitability and maintain good customer relations for the purpose of repeat business and negotiated work.
- Responsible for managing Company’s contractual obligations relating to mechanical construction projects and maintain effective communications with general contractors/owners, managing scope of work changes and schedule updates.
- Responsible for smooth transition from estimating department to project management department. Leads turn-over and general contractor Kick-off meetings aimed at conducting detailed constructability reviews, and identifying job-site productivity improvement opportunities. Also works with Purchasing to ensure purchase prices are in line with estimates.
- Responsible for preparing detailed take-offs, job estimates and construction schedules as required.
- Recommend qualified journeyman for foreman training.
- Strong focus on management and direct supervision of foremen, journeymen and apprentices as well as all field resources
- Review project performance with project managers regularly, including labor productivity, problem resolution, job cost tracking, profitability and on-time billing and collection.
- For the first 6 months – 1 year, this individual will be responsible for traveling to client sites and taking inventory of their equipment, addressing needs, and troubleshooting issues. There will heavy day travel with this role, and rare overnight travel.
- Experience estimating mechanical or plumbing work preferred.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to use the Company’s Quickpen estimating software system.
- Needs to be businesslike with excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Significant knowledge and experience in the field of mechanical contracting, or related equivalent.
- OSHA 30 hour certificate – preferred.
- Teamwork orientation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to manage electronic drawings files (PDF, TIFF, JPEG, etc.) to incorporate into estimating system for onscreen takeoff preferred.
- Organizational and coordination skills.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter attitude with a strong desire to learn and be developed professionally.
- Willing to occasionally work extended hours to get time-sensitive task accomplished.
To apply for this job, please complete the form below.